Friday, July 30, 2010

Artifacts of Note IV and a progress report from from the front lines.

There have been plenty of discoveries over the past week, as well as plenty of changes as we quickly approach the start of the renovation phase.

Artifact of Note #07202010-003

If you look at the artifact number you'll realize this is actually an old discovery that I failed to put up... Let me tell you this thing is frightening when worn, and I'm glad it doesn't work anything like the mask from "The Mask". *shutters* I don't even want to imagine...

Artifact of Note #07202010-004

Another "un-registered" artifact. If anyone has any idea what the hell this is please tell me. Also it somehow ended up in the middle of the floor of the front bedroom. I shuddered at the thought of items randomly appearing in different rooms and decided if that happens, I'm saving us the trouble and burning the place down to the ground and exhuming the bodies under the foundation.

Artifact of Note #07252010-001

Read the label carefully. Notice that is says Apple Juice... I couldn't find a date on the container anywhere, but the fact that the Apple Juice is no longer see-thru says a lot.


"Time to get drunk?" I lit the containers from behind to show how dark the juice has become.

Sir Christopher Raymond of Espartonia came to provide his services and discovered that the mirrored squares on the Northeast wall were attached not by glue, but by the double sided puffy tape!

Artifact of Note #07262010-001



The thought that at any moment more tiles could come crumbling down basically insured I would return in the evening to remove the remaining tiles on the Northeast wall.


I lacked proper eye-protection so I improvised and donned a pair of fancy shades and set to work breaking the reflective glass squares (Reflective glass doesn't come with the mandatory 7 years bad luck)

Shortly after I had begun work, Sir Christopher Lemley arrived to provide assistance. He too lacked proper eye protection, and lacking more conventional solutions... we improvised.



No this isn't weird at all. Also, notice the clear packing tape over the eyes.


Here are a few more pics of the Deconstruction of the Reflective Northeast wall:





A brief inspired homage to Pac-man.

We left the Pac-man ghost up for a bit while we took a break and disassembled one of the desks in the front room.


I would have taken pictures of the crazy-stupid angles we had to position the bottom half of the desk to get it out and into the garage, but I was too busy cursing and wishing that we could turn off gravity temporarily.

Eventually everyone except Janelle and I left the Estate and I quickly dispatched of the remaining tiles to finish our goal.


Here's a few more artifacts that were discovered during the week:

Artifact of Note #07282010-001

What's this? A primitive cellphone device?


Craziness! This thing was one of the first/early pager-pager txt'ing devices!!
Check out the full QWERTY keypad!

Artifact of Note #07282010-002

A Music CD entitled, "Killer Cuts" produced by Nintendo. I can only assume that it is a soundtrack for the game, "Killer Instinct".


The copyright is from 1995.. you know... back when they still made CDs.


With song titles such as, "The Way U Move" and "Yo! Check This Out!" You can tell this album was at the top of the billboard charts. No joke.
_______________________________________________

There has been huge events unfolding as we approach the start of our renovation phase. The next week should be filled with demolition work, but a more detailed update should be following this post in a day or two.

I leave you with this:


...May you never sleep again.

2 comments:

  1. -When we did Romeo and Juliet back in the day, we used masks like that for the dance scene... creepy... Preview night, right after R&J first kiss.. Juliet turned around and proceeded to vomit into her mask... causing a ridiculous chain of events for that show... Oh man.. Memories!

    -That random thing looks like a neclace holder to me...

    -THOSE MIRRORS ARE AWESOME!

    - Your blog makes me laugh hardcore. Bravo sir, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artifact of Note #07202010-003
    - A Cheap Plastic Mask that was worn by a member of the Guild of St. Blaise during the Grand Ringout on the last day of the 2002 Renaissance Faire at Nut Tree in Vacaville.

    Artifact of Note #07202010-004
    - A Christmas Ornament Hanger. c. 2008
    Previously sitting on top of the TV.

    Artifact of Note #07252010-001
    - Um, yeah... I wouldn't drink that...

    Artifact of Note #07282010-001
    - I don't even remember losing a work pager?!?!
    - Based on the model, I would guess that belongs to either NorthBay Hospital or PG&E. (We used RIM at Wells Fargo.) Have you tried turning it on to see if there were any old messages cached?

    Artifact of Note #07282010-002
    - Um, I think that's yours... c. 2001
    (I suppose it could belong to Connie.)

    ReplyDelete